Researcher appointments available starting Sunday July 11th
Please email us to reserve a time
email addresses: email@example.com
DUE TO THE CURRENT COVID-19 For THE SAFETY OF OUR STAFF AND PATRONS OUR MUSEUM IS TEMPORARILY CLOSED
"We hope you are well and are enjoying are "New website posts" and our Newsletters"
Built in 1830 with proceeds from a grant by Ward Nicholas Boylston, the Historic Town Hall is maintained and operated by the Boylston Historical Commission on behalf of the townspeople of Boylston. It is one of the oldest Town Halls in constant use in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. The Historic Town Hall is utilized by the local Appalachian Mountain Club Chapter, Boylston Historical Commission, Hillside Restoration Group, as well are serving as the Home of the Boylston Historical Society and Museum. The cornerstone was laid on 21 August 1830. The building is made of granite and has a bell tower complete with bell, which is rung on special holidays. The downstairs contains the Fuller Research Library, a work area and rest rooms. The basement contains a walk-in vault. The second floor which contains a large hall with original stage, serves as a meeting place for the townspeople, with ample room for lectures, presentations and celebrations. Additionaly it houses our museum which hosts rotating exhibits of Boylston's artifacts. The overhanging balcony houses our extensive Clothing Collection.
The Museum has many exhibits that change often. Please come by to see what’s new! Also visit our Facebook page for more pictures!
The Museum Stage
Back of the Museum